Tech Lead and Full Stack Developer
WebLinc (Jan 2015 - Present)
Lead software engineer of a business administration platform for a $25+ million company. The application is written in C# ASP.Net MVC and utilizes NService Bus to provide a message bus architecture. The application also features over 500 unit tests for business logic verification.
Integrated a responsive mobile layout for a portion of the site which I then debugged and launched to 15+ target devices.
Help maintain and add features for 8 other E-Commerce websites. Notable features added include Visa Checkout and PayPal integrations.
Lead Solutions Developer
iFLY Indoor Skydiving (May 2013 - Dec 2014)
Lead developer of reporting web application that aggregates over 130 million rows of performance data from 30+ wind tunnels around the world as well as financial data reporting from Siriusware databases. All in an easy to use, responsive, and mobile friendly package. This reporting platform integrates many of the newest web application technologies and plugins including ASP.Net MVC, Bootstrap, Fusion Charts, and Leaflet Maps all to create an interactive reporting platform.
Trained other developers in software environment best practices including switching to Git, testing and staging environments, automated build processes, automated testing, and centralized error logging.
Maintainer and developer of a PHP API that handles e-commerce transactions with dynamic pricing, promotions, discounted bulk account pricing, demand shaping, and recommendations for packages based on number of flyers and experience.
Charfen Institute (June 2011 - May 2013)
- During my tenure I earned the company's MVP award in 2012 and also was a primary contributor to the development processes including switching version control from SVN to Git and setting up a standardized build process in Buildmaster.
- Secondary responsibilities included maintaining and adding features to several PHP sites written with the Kohana MVC framework and integrating 3rd party applications like Salesforce and Infusionsoft into internal systems. I also contributed to a webinar streaming platform that captured registration and attendance metrics which supported broadcasts with over 12,000 registrants and 6,000 simultaneous viewers.
Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. (Feb 2011 - June 2011)
- Added functionality and fixed existing bugs for a web application written using PHP and MS SQL
- Wrote python scripts to query and populate a database, then generate PDFs
- Entered data as well as corrected errors in the database system.
- Worked with a friend to develop a node.js application to play schemaverse. This is a turn based game played within a PostgreSQL database with our application running several AI's playing against other people on the server. This project culminated with a competition at Defcon.
(Summer 2008 - 2010)
- Developed a tactical turn-based strategy game with one other team member. Notable systems written included Path-finding, Sound, Basic Networking, and Interface.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM
Music is life with 6 years of guitar, 8 years of piano, 5 years of trumpet and usually more than 6 hours a day listening to everything that I find interesting.
Running is not only a great way to keep in physical shape but also mental shape. Don’t stop when life gets hard.
Reading is a mix of fiction and nonfiction these days. Greg Egan’s Permutation City and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance have recently become favorites. I am always reading a steady stream of technology and programming articles to keep my skills and lay of the land up to date.
- Git, including branching, submodules, and advanced rebasing. Beaten Githug.
- TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, BuildMaster, Wordpress, Python, C++, C, Lua, PostgreSQL
- Visual Studio 2008 – 2013, SQL Server Management Studio, IIS
- Vim editing with custom macros and a flushed out vimrc